ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
David Stahl <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Stahl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Mar 2006 05:10:16 -0500
Should I allow her to stay in my home?  Should I make her
move out?  Should I allow her to stay in my home?  Should I
make her move out?  Phil, I know the decision is a very difficult
one; but it seems to me that if you don't make Gretchen move
out for good, you'll simply continue to vacillate between letting
her stay there or not.  According to 1 Kings 18:21, the Prophet,
Elijah, asked all the people who were gathered together on
Mount Carmel, "How long halt ye between two opinions?"
It doesn't seem right to allow Gretchen to remain in your home,
potentially disrupting the lives of her child, and anyone else
whom is living there.  I know it sounds cruel, but I feel that until,
and only if she can genuinely demonstrate a real and lasting
change in her life, she should make other living arrangements.
Within the past year, I have agonized over the most difficult
decision of my life, concerning something which brought me to
the physical and emotional breaking point; and I'll share it with
the e-church family in the near future.  My beloved April has also
decided to put the past behind her for the Lord's sake, and for
mine.  She and I are supporting each other in our decisions.
Father in Heaven, please be with Phil, and help him make the
very difficult decision concerning Gretchen, according to Your
will.  Whether I'm right or wrong doesn't matter, Lord, but rather,
Your will and purpose in Gretchen's life, and lives of those in
Phil's household is what matters.  Please work things out
according to the authority thats in the name of Jesus.
David