ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Donna Bell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Jul 2015 11:11:58 -0500
Hey All,
Tandem wheelchairs already exist.  They are side-by- side.  The
challenge would be getting through doors.  It's funny to think about
two people using canes from a chair like that.  My experience is that
you probably want a roller tip as the pencil tips tend to get stuck.
The other  thing I have learned is that you want the longest cane you
can find.  I wish someone would invent a phone app and sensors that
would replicate the old wheelchair pathfinders. It would be nice to
have more info about what's on  each side of a wheelchair.  drop offs
storm drains, etc.
I'm moved into my new place, and having fun. Hope Sandy is feeling better.
Blessings to all of you.
Donna