ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 May 2017 14:46:24 -0600
Last Wednesday, about 5 people were in church so both our drummers were gone.  The pastor asked Sandy to fill in.  We donated our new drums, never played, to the church and although they are inexpensive drums, they sure sound good so Sandy really enjoyed herself.  Sunday night, we had 15 to 20 people there but no drummers again at first when service started so Sandy played again.  Afterward, the pastor came to where Sandy and I were setting and said, “Sandy, start memorizing the songs because when you are not playing the drums, you will be singing up front with the other ladies.  You are officially on the worship  team as of right now.”  He is giving us some tapes of the songs this church uses so we can both learn them a little better.  The pastor specifically asked us both to come into the prayer room an hour before each service to be a part of the prayer group.  So, the Lord does move in mysterious ways.  Fortunately, everything in the building is flat and there are no stairs even to enter the building.  I don’t stand during the music because I cannot stand more the a few short minutes until I get heal.  Yes, it is one of those odd churches.