ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Mar 2006 14:41:23 -0700
Jennifer,

Warfare prayers work best with the person involved, meaning your mom, when
they are in agreement with what has been prayed,  See Matthew 18:19 for
clarification on what I just said.  Warfare prayers, of course, can be
prayed for others any time and prayer does work because Jesus said that it
did, See Mark 11:22-24 for more information on that.  Your mom has crossed
into a grieving stage which isn't all that uncommon but isn't spiritually
good either simply because it opens the door to things she isn't going to
want in her life, if you know what I mean.  Grieving can be experienced from
6 months to two years, according to the shrinks, but since I am not a shrink
or a therapist, I am free to believe whatever God says in His eternal Word.
Prolonged grief has a root and it is based upon a lie the suffering person
believes.  They usually do not even know what that lie is but Jesus does,
fortunately, so we are not left hopeless.  Sadness over a lost loved one
isn't the same thing as grief and likely will be experienced at times
throughout a person's life due to the loss.  Grief, on the other hand, can
be resolved permanently through the True Lord Jesus Christ.

Phil.