EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Chris Armstrong <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Mar 2005 00:02:17 +0000
Hi

Maybe I can help.  I have a LD myself; I have used all the software
applications you have mentioned.  Out of all of them K3000 is the best, that
is what I feel.  The found the voices very disturbing, but that can be
changed by purchasing AT&T voices. By installing TextAloud, and then
purchasing extra AT&T voices, this will allow one to listen to better
voices.  Sorry for any spelling errors, my LD is kicking in. I hope this
helps you out. Here is the link for TextAloud and the AT&T voices
http://www.textaloud.com/
You can even try out a demo of the voice on this website.

Later,

Chris Armstrong

>From: Debbie Barton <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Re: Help with LD clients.
>Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 15:21:32 -0800
>
>Our college has been using Kurzweil 3000 for the last few years and have
>started using ReadPlease as well.  We were looking into other programs such
>as WYNN and Read & Write form TextHelp, but wondered if anyone out there
>could tell me how those two compare to K3000.  The only complaint I've
>received from students using Kurzweil is that they don't like most of the
>voices.     Any input would be appreciated.
>Thank you.
>Debbie Barton [log in to unmask]

Take charge with a pop-up guard built on patented Microsoft® SmartScreen
Technology
first two months FREE*.