EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ann Parsons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Dec 2003 10:15:51 -0500
Hi all,

Yes, congratulations are in order for Mr. Lazaro.  He has done a great
thing.

However, I must add here, that something needs to be done with the way
in which Library of Congress puts out taped books.  Why is it that the
commercial houses can publish taped books on the same day as the print
books come out?  Why is it that I could go to Barnes and Noble and
pick up a taped coppy of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix on
the same day, June 21st, that it came out in print?  Why is it that
Bookshare and several elicit sites on the net had Phoenix within hours
of its release?  Yet, it takes Library of Congress *two* *Years* to
publish such a significant title in the field of accessibility?  I
find it interesting that Bookshare doesn't have it.  Hmmmmm, that's a
definite oversight, if you'll pardon the pun.  This is unacceptable!
Something's got to change here, folks!

Ann P.

--
                        Ann K. Parsons
email:  [log in to unmask]

 See EASI Special October Bonus offer at http://easi.cc/clinic.htm
EASI November courses are:
Barrier-free E-learning, Accessible Internet Multimedia and Business Benefits of Accessible IT Design:
http://easi.cc/workshop.htm
EASI Home Page http://www.rit.edu/~easi

>>> Error in line 8 of EASI.MAILTPL: unknown formatting command <<<