EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Prof Norm Coombs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 11:36:07 -0800
EASI has changed some list settings as one of our actions to terminate the
list abuse.  Dick Banks and I thank you all for your patience and tolerance.

We removed the offending person on several occasions only to have him/her
return under an alius.  We believe in freedom of speach and like to run an
open list, but we are compelled to make some further changes.

What we have done now is:

1 removed the offender again

2 new subscribers must be approved by the list owner

3 all new subscribers will have their messages have to be approved before
going to the list.

We hope that these steps will catch this offender and will be used on any
other new offenders.

We appreciate that list members with this one exception have behaved as
professionals now for several years, and we are proud of our members and
want to continue to be a valuable service to all of you and hope you will
encourage others to join us and expand our services.

We also hope that these measures can be temporary.  We would prefer to
spend our time and energies toing positive things to support our mission
and not have to play policeman.

Again, thanks for your continuing support.  In the future, when you are
offended by someone on the list, you do the list a service by writing
directly to Dick or me directly and keeping the flame wars away from the
public list.

Yours with respect and gratitude,

Norman Coombs

and