EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Nissen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 6 Jun 2001 21:45:50 GMT
Hello Kathie,

I am an LD software expert, but only in my company's product,
WordAloud ;-}.

WordAloud is an assistive reader cum browser, originally developed
for visually impaired people who need something much easier
to use and much more affordable that a screen reader or a
screen magnifier.  It combines word-at-a-time display with
speech synthesis, such that the display can either be
synchronised to the speech or "play" by itself, at any speed
you like.

On the advice of Norm Coombs and Dick Banks, of EASI fame, we
simplified the way our software is operated, to make it suitable
for use by people of any age with learning difficulties.
The basic navigation of a page (play, pause, step a word backwards
or forwards, step a sentence backwards or forwards) can be
performed using just the four cursor keys.

You can play the text silently to yourself, and when you get
to a word you don't understand, you just click on it to hear
it spoken.  You can increase the speed of display as your
reading skill develops, and your confidence builds.

You can find details on the web site, www.wordaloud.co.uk,
and you can download a free evaluation copy from that site.

Cheers from Chiswick,

John
--

--
Access the word, access the world! -- Try our WordAloud software!!

John Nissen, Cloudworld Ltd., Chiswick, London, UK
Tel:   +44 (0) 845 458 3944 (local rate in the UK)
Fax:   +44 (0) 20 8742 8715
Email: [log in to unmask]
Web:   http://www.cloudworld.co.uk and http://www.wordaloud.co.uk