EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Robbie Gittings <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Feb 2002 11:06:48 -0500
Hi!

I am Robin Gittings, but my nickname is Robbie. (for those who are
wondering, I am female)   I was born and raised in Connecticut and lived
there until I attended graduate school in South Carolina.

Upon graduation, I took a position at SUNY (State University of New York)
Brockport as the assistant director of student activities. I was there for
3 years.  I then took a position at SUNY Canton as the Director of Campus
Activities.  After 15 years, I became the Director of Alumni Relations.
After 3 years of alumni work, I moved into my current position as Web
Coordinator for the campus.  (Something I always said I wanted to do "when
I grew up." ) I have been in this position for 2 years.

As Web Coordinator, I am part of the Public Relations team and am
responsible for the design and maintenance of the web site.  As part of the
SUNY system, we are mandated to have our site "fully accessible" by April
1, 2002.  This too will be my responsibility.  My knowledge of computers
and web design has been self-taught and through attendance at workshops.  I
look forward to learning all that I can as I progress through this
certificate program.

I currently belong to the Higher Ed Web Professionals of NY
listserv.   This has been very helpful with "hot topic" information, idea
sharing and problem solving.  As opposed to other listservs I've been on,
this one stays on the professional side, with no "junk messages."

I enjoy chatting on the computer and have made friends all over the
world.  I have 2 cats, a brother - sister team, who also enjoy "typing" on
the computer, which can make for some interesting conversations.

~Robbie