EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dan Comden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Jul 2004 11:31:21 -0700
In my experience PDF fits under the alternate format umbrella.

We have a few students with low vision who request PDF format because the
Acrobat software does zooming quite nicely without third party enlargement
software. If captured correctly, zooming the view results in a very crisp
enlarged version. For some students with low vision, this is a good
solution.

But for every student that likes to use PDFs, we have others that
encounter problems with poorly created PDF files created by instructors.

-*- Dan Comden                   [log in to unmask]
    Access Technology Lab        http://www.washington.edu/computing/atl/
    University of Washington