EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 2 Feb 2002 14:14:02 -0500
As a person with a learning disability whose visual spatial
and fine motor skills are severely impacted, I was wondering
if there are any accessibility aids for Microsoft Access
2000?  In trying to design a form, I find this product
impossible to deal with.

For my own purposes, I can just start over but I really need
to learn this program well if I want to get earn as much
money as possible doing temp work which I may be doing in a
few months if I still haven't made up my mind on a career
change.  Usually, you're tested for all the Microsoft Office
Skills so that's why I am concerned.

I have spent the whole morning trying to find tutorials that
would explain how deal with forms.  I think I finally found
a tutorial that made sense but it requires that I do a lot
of drop and dragging which I find very hard to do.

So I guess what I am asking is what accessibility features
for Access are available if any for people like me who have
poor visual spatial and fine motor skills?  Any other
suggestions?

Sorry if I am rambling but I am just so frustrated that
something that shouldn't be so hard has turned out to be
that way.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Vivian