EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Prof Norm Coombs <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Equal Access to Software & Information <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 May 2013 11:34:49 -0700
	EASI Free Webinar: WCAG - Do screen reader users take full advantage of
Their Screen Reader?
  Friday May 31: 11 Pacific, noon Mountain, 1 Central and 2 PM Eastern
(daylight)

Presenter 1: Birkir Gunnarsson, Electronic Accessibility Officer,
Blindrafelagid, Iceland Organization for the VisuallyImpaired and
Accessibility Subject Matter Expert, Deque Systems)
Presenter 2: Hinni Hreinsson, Assistive Technology Trainer, Stockholm Low
Vision Center

WCAG, ARIA and developer best practice guides and recommendations have made
the web a better and more accessible place. However, our experience
indicates that a significant group of screen reader users are not aware of
some WCAG best practice guidelines, particularly in the area of page
structure elements (headings, landmarks, tables), and therefore some of the
hard work put in by developers and accessibility experts does not fully
translate to the optimal end user experience.
We conducted a study to investigate if this was indeed the case. In this
Webinar we will cover the results of our study and our plan to solve this
problem through a central, free, online screen reader user training resource.

Register for the free May 31 Webinar from the EASI Web page:
http://easi.cc/clinic.htm/#may