EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jon Gunderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Jan 2002 16:47:01 -0600
OutSpoken is currently not being supported by Alva, the company that owns
it.  Alva has discontinued development for the new version of the Mac OS.

Other companies like Madenta have dropped their support of the Mac for
their products.  Apparently as new versions of the Mac OS do not support
accessibility and the company does not seem to be helping AT developers
redesining their products to support accessibility.

Many of the accessibility engineers at Apple moved to Microsoft in the late
90s as Apple down sized their accessibility division.

Jon

At 03:02 PM 1/2/2002 -0700, you wrote:

>OutSpoken is the major screen reader for Mac.  Do you find it difficult to
>use?
>I do agree with you that Apple has changed directions many times.  They
>have often reminded me of Atari.  Still, System 10 is a new direction, the
>new CPU is very good and Steve Jobs is back!

Jon Gunderson, Ph.D., ATP
MC-574
College of Applied Life Studies
1207 S. Oak Street, Champaign, IL  61820

Voice: (217) 244-5870
Fax: (217) 333-0248

E-mail: [log in to unmask]

WWW: http://www.staff.uiuc.edu/~jongund