EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jennison Mark Asuncion <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Equal Access to Software & Information <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 May 2008 12:13:12 -0400
Hello,

A doctoral student at the University of Toronto is conducting her research
looking at the experiences of Ontarians with visual impairments who use
the Internet to obtain information. I am passing informaiton along, in
case there might be folks who might be interested and willing to
participate.

Contact Sambhavi Chandrashekar directly (her email address is included) if
you are interested in participating.

Jennison

Jennison Mark Asuncion
LinkedIn at http://www.linkedin.com/in/jennison

Date: Sat, 24 May 2008 10:32:46 -0400
From: Sambhavi Chandrashekar <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Call for participation in research study

*CALL FOR PARTICIPATION IN RESEARCH STUDY*

Hello, and welcome to be a part of my doctoral research study about

*"Credibility Perception on the Web without Visual Cues".*

I invite you to participate in an electronic survey if you are an
English-speaking adult living in Ontario who is blind or vision impaired,
and have accessed the Web auditorily for at least one year using a screen
reader. If you have already seen this announcement and responded, thank you
very much for your help. If you know some others who would be eligible,
please give them my contact details.

As compensation for completing the survey, which could take around one hour,
you will be entered in a raffle where you stand 1-in-4 or better chance to
win one of fifteen cash prizes totaling $500. The survey will close upon
receiving 60 responses; so hurry up and email me to receive further details
and the survey questionnaire in MS-Word format. My contact details are given
below.

If you wish, you could also participate in a follow-up hands-on online task
session and interview that might take about two hours, for which you will
receive $50 as compensation.

Your participation will contribute to a better understanding of how Web
users relying primarily on hearing to access the Web determine the
trustworthiness and quality of online information. This could lead to better
design of online content for all users.

You are also welcome to contact me for clarifications to help you decide
about participating in the study. I look forward to hearing from you at the
earliest.

*Sambhavi Chandrashekar
Ph.D. Candidate, Faculty of Information Studies
University of Toronto

Phone: +1 416 709 6270*

This announcement is valid till July 31, 2008.