EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sheryl Burgstahler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Dec 2001 12:09:31 -0800
This is a wonderful electronic community of high school students and young
adults who have a wide variety of disabilities. They are all
college-bound, in college or have graduated from college and have
participated in the DO-IT Scholars program, which includes multiple summer
study sessions at the University of Washington. We cannot allow access to
this list or the messages sent to this closed forum to those outside of
the project for confidenciality reasons. However, we do have an open list
on which the Scholars are alwo subscribed. You can join
[log in to unmask] by sending a message to [log in to unmask]
with the message "subscribe doitsem" follwed by yourfirstname
yourlastname.

To learn more about the doitkids electronic community, consult the
following documents:

Opening Doors: Mentoring on the Internet
http://www.washington.edu/doit/Brochures/Technology/doors.html

DO-IT Mentors - Guidelines
http://www.washington.edu/doit/Brochures/Programs/mentoring.html

Peer Support: What Role Can the Internet Play?
http://www.rit.edu/~easi/itd/itdv04n4/article2.html

DO-IT Scholars
http://www.washington.edu/doit/Brochures/Programs/scholars.html
http://www.washington.edu/doit/Snapshots/2000/

sheryl
Sheryl Burgstahler, Ph.D.
Assistant Director-Information Systems, Computing & Communications
Director, DO-IT
University of Washington, Box 354842
Seattle, WA 98195
(206) 543-0622          FAX (206) 685-4054
http://staff.washington.edu/sherylb