EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kelly Ford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Mar 2001 19:12:12 -0500
Will the quality of translation be improved with these developments?  For
example I followed the link you provided and found a file called
AccessGuide.pdf that says it explains how to create accessible PDF files.
That material seemed only to be available as a PDF file and when I ran it
through the existing conversion options, it had the same long and short
line problems plus strange characters showing up in many locations.  The
collective result of these problems makes the material less readable.

I'm just curious.  I do view the recent developments as a step forward but
think the accessible PDF is still going to take a lot of work on the part
of the person creating the source document.