EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
MARLENE MCINTOSH <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Jan 2004 12:21:05 -0500
You could have some "spy ware" on there.
I'd suggest downloading a free utility:
www.ad-aware.com

It will go through and quarantine spyware programs.

The other problem that you may have is a virus.

GOOD LUCK!
:-)
Marlene

**Certified Kurzweil 3000 Trainer
**Certified textHELP! Trainer

Marlene McIntosh, BSc, MBA
Cambrian College
The Glenn Crombie Centre
    for Disability Services
1400 Barrydowne Road
Sudbury, ON P3A 3V8
(705) 566-8101 x. 7219 (Voice)
(705) 566-5452              (Fax)
Room 2520
Pathways LD Conference Website:
http://homepages.cambrianc.on.ca/pathways

>>> [log in to unmask] January 6, 2004 12:18:21 PM >>>
Hello Listers

I am using a Pentium IV with Windows XP (home edition). I have 512
ram.

Lately, my machine in taking longer to boot, and some program are slow
page file because it stays within a certain range. My free space size
is shrinking by hundreds of mbs.

I have tried editing the "msconfig / startup", but when I re-boot, I
receive a message indicating that my
machine is in "selective mode". I am not sure what this does, and
restore to "normal startup".

Has anyone experience similar slow downs with XP? How is this remedied
to increase speed?

Thanks for any assistance.

Jim

 See EASI Special October Bonus offer at http://easi.cc/clinic.htm
EASI November courses are:
Barrier-free E-learning, Accessible Internet Multimedia and Business Benefits of Accessible IT Design:
http://easi.cc/workshop.htm
EASI Home Page http://www.rit.edu/~easi

>>> Error in line 8 of EASI.MAILTPL: unknown formatting command <<<