EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Alan Cantor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Oct 2002 11:15:12 -0400
Hello EASI colleagues,

I think most people with disabilities would agree that Word is a fairly accessible format. However, I know that there are features that are difficult or impossible to access using assistive technologies and alternative access techniques.

I am making a list of "rules" for people who create Word files on what they can do to ensure that Word documents are as accessible as possible. I would welcome your suggestions on what to do - and what to avoid - to ensure that Word documents are fully accessible to you.

Note that I am compiling rules about what makes it easy or hard to access the CONTENT of Word file. There are also dos and don'ts around the user interface, but I am not dealing with these now.

Alan

Alan Cantor
Project Manager
Strategic e-Government Implementation