EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
David Poehlman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Jan 2002 07:35:02 -0500
we are getting a bit affield of the topic on this thread.  I am blind
and I do not "come".  Many blind do not "come".  The real need here is
for all types of people to work together on these projects.  I do not
believe that disabled individuals are the only ones quallified to
determine what technology will make the most use of and enhance
productive and independance skills and we've seen a lot of evidence for
this as well.  I praise the high school student for his interest and
effort and it can be part of a solution to a problem.  The principle is
a good one but at my age, it seems to me that this might be a perfect
opportunity for someone to have a job or several some ones to have a
job.  There are many combinations of sollutions to this that would
create jobs.  I think often we under-estemate the power and purpose of
the human being in the solution equasion.  I know of lots of people with
lots of technology to "empower" them who are still sitting around being
unemployed and recieving government assistance for one reason or another
most being that empowerment comes from within.