EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Gardner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Jun 2001 17:28:47 -0700
You can do it the way you suggest, make hand-embossed copy, use
swell/capsule/Flexi paper, or you can use Tiger.  That's all the options
there are.

John
At 03:44 PM 6/6/01 -0400, you wrote:
>Greetings all:
>
>I have an elementary student who is totally blind.  He is currently using
>Open Book, JAWS, and Duxbury.  The teacher wants a better solution for
>math.  She is currently using the Nemith translator in Duxbury, but she
>would like to do more.  I have thought about the possibility of using a
>Braille graphics program to draw the numbers and symbols and then send
>them to the embosser.  Has anyone out there tried this before?  Does
>anyone have another solution?  Thank you.
>Terry Martin -- President
>VOILA Technology, Inc.
>54 Castle Road
>Rochester, NY 14623
>Phone:  (716) 321-1451
>FAX:  (716) 334-3971
>Email:  <mailto:[log in to unmask]>[log in to unmask]

John Gardner
Professor and Director, Science Access Project
Department of Physics
Oregon State University
Corvallis, OR 97331-6507
tel: (541) 737 3278