EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Prof Norm Coombs <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Equal Access to Software & Information <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Sep 2012 11:08:57 -0700
Besides learning about designing Web pages that will be fully accessible to
people with disabilities, how can I tell if what I did really works?

The best way for you to do that is by obtaining and using a Firefox toolbar
called, WAVE. Because it is a toolbar, it is available to you anywhere you
can go with the Firefox browser...anywhere on the Web including behind a
password, in any Learning Management System and even on your own hard drive.
EASI is hosting a Webinar on the WAVE toolbar for Firefox presented by
Jared Smith from WebAIM which created and maintains this simple and free tool.

The free Webinar  is on October 4 at 11 Pacific, Noon Mountain, 1 Central
and 2 PM Eastern

Read more and register from http://easi.cc/clinic.htm

Norm

It's never too late to become what you might have been. George Eliot
Once you choose hope, anything's possible.  Christopher Reeve
Norman Coombs [log in to unmask]

Making Online Teaching Accessible: Inclusive Course Design for Students
with Disabilities by Norman Coombs published by Jossey-Bass Oct 10,2010
http://www.josseybass.com/WileyCDA/WileyTitle/productCd-0470499044.html