EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
eileen haddon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 May 2001 09:48:54 -0400
Has it been a while since the keyboard itself was cleaned? There are so
many mysterious elves sneaking in crumbs, loosening keycaps, etc..

Eileen Haddon :)
(whose keyboard *desperately* needs cleaned. And the car too.)

--On Monday, May 14, 2001 10:54 AM -0700 Dan Comden
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Jim,
>
> What you're describing may be a hardware problem. Try swapping out the
> keyboard -- a different brand if possible -- and see if the problem
> continues. If you don't have one handy, borrow from a friend or coworker.
> Make sure to plug/unplug the keyboard only when the computer is powered
> off.
>
> -*- Dan Comden                   [log in to unmask]
>     Adaptive Technology Lab      http://www.washington.edu/computing/atl/
>     University of Washington     http://www.washington.edu/doit/
>

> On Mon, 14 May 2001, jim gerrond wrote:
>
>> edition).
>> I  now find that the  'right' keys  work,  but not the 'left'.
>>

>> As a second  question,  is there a technical reason why my keyboard  has
>> become sensitive?  -  I press one key, and often get ddouble / tttriple
>> letters.

Eileen C. Haddon, ATP
Vermont Assistive Technology Project
Rehab Engineering Tech Lab
Vermont Technical College
Randolph Center, VT  05061

phone: 802-728-1520 / fax:802-728-1390

Rehabilitation Engineering Technology -- Make a difference!