EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Steuerwalt, Jon C." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Mar 2001 12:25:55 -0500
Terri -

I certainly did not intend to trivialize or negate your need to produce
documents which are professional in both content and presentation.  My
statement, however, was part of a message about the problems which people
can have accessing the content of PDF documents, and my opinion that the new
version of Acrobat Reader may solve some of those problems for some folks
but is going to create new problems for other folks.

Shame on me, though, because my statement, examined out of context, is a
generalization that deserves the fate of most generalizations: a rebuttal
that correctly proves that the statement is wrong.  I was further corrected
by Kelly's comments about presentation often being critical to comprehension
and ease of use of a document.

My issue had to do with information often posted on the web only as PDF
files and the accessibility of that information for as many people as
possible.  I hope you or others will respond to that issue.   - Jon