EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ian Francis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Mar 2001 17:37:00 -0000
Seems to me OCR is the best solution, since many PDFs are
simply a graphic image of the text and don't actually have any text
in them. I have been looking for a convertor package to convert
PDF to TIF format graphics file, as most OCR packages can read
TIF files, but cannot find a free one (there's one called FreeBird for
Acrobat Reader 4).
Ian Francis