EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Penny Gray <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 22 Jul 2004 18:30:22 -0400
Hello all,

I was just informed by a publisher that, "Most of our newer downloads will
be as unlocked PDF files which can be accessed by almost all screen
readers."  When I asked if they would be created in an accessible manner
their answer was, "If I ever send you PDFs you will get instructions to pass
along to the student.  In the two years since we have switched to PDFs, I
have only had to replace them with Word files 4 times.  We've switched to
PDFs because they are quicker to produce and more economical."

I'm a little concerned about this.  My experience with PDF's has been less
than favorable.  Even for myself. I do wear glasses, but I am not considered
low vision.

I'm glad this topic was brought up at this time.

Penny