EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Gardner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 May 2005 15:05:49 -0700
Hello Norm.  Reliable hearsay evidence is that it isn't very usable by
blind people.   It is more of a screen reader for people with vision having
various print disabilities.  I'm not aware of any direct information from
Apple about plans to make it more accessible to blind people.

John

At 02:35 PM 5/3/2005, Prof Norm Coombs wrote:

>I understand that the new Mac operating system has a screen reader.  A
>friend who is not blind tried it and was impressed, but he does not have
>the experience to be a valid judge.
>
>Anyone on this list have any experience or comments?
>Norm

>EASI online courses for June:
>Completing 5 courses earns the Certificate in Accessible Technology
>Barrier-free Information Technology:
>http://easi.cc/workshops/adaptit.htm
>Learning Disabilities and Adaptive Info Tech:
>http://easi.cc/workshops/ld.htm
>
>Norman Coombs, Ph.D.
>CEO EASI
>22196 Caminito Tasquillo
>Laguna Hills, CA 92653
>(949) 855-4852

John A. Gardner
Professor and Director, Science Access Project
Department of Physics
Oregon State University
Corvallis, OR 97331
tel: (541) 737 3278