EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Prof Norm Coombs <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Equal Access to Software & Information <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Aug 2010 12:13:39 -0700
>From: Steve Jacobs <[log in to unmask]>
>To: Uaccess-L <[log in to unmask]>
>CC: Steve Jacobs <[log in to unmask]>
>Sender: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
>Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2010 14:26:19 -0400
>Subject: [UACCESS-L] Open Source Android Video Magnifier Released
>x-rit-received-from: 129.21.3.39 mySpam
>x-auditid: 81150327-a50f5bb0000023e9-60-4c570e45f2b5
>x-brightmail-tracker: AAAAARVhyHQ=
>user-agent: Thunderbird 2.0.0.24 (Windows/20100228)
>x-virus-scanned: by amavisd-new
>list-archive: <http://trace.wisc.edu:8080/mailarchive/uaccess-l/>
>x-beenthere: [log in to unmask]
>x-mailman-version: 2.0.13
>x-en-origoutip: 10.20.18.3
>x-en-impsid: pWST1e00G03yW7601WSTra
>x-en-origip: 184.205.116.173
>x-en-userinfo:
>  c162238e4610c7028e0cb7dd6e0d557d:4536811c5301e5086b68f2e94b1fb507
>x-en-authuser: [log in to unmask]
>x-en-orighost: 184-205-116-173.pools.spcsdns.net
>
>Apologies, in advance, for duplicate posts. Please circulate as you deem
>appropriate.
>
>FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
>
>Contact:
>
>Steve Jacobs, President
>IDEAL Group, Inc. and,
>CEO, Apps4Android, Inc.
>

>Open Source Android Video Magnifier Released
>
>Open Source, Android Video Magnifier Released in Support of Raising the
>Floor, Reducing the Cost, and Leveling the Playing Field for Individuals
>with Low Vision.
>
>HILLIARD, OH August 2, 2010 - IDEAL Group Apps4Android, Inc. announced
>today the release of an open source, Android video magnifier. Just like
>its name implies, IDEAL Magnifier turns your Android device into a
>portable video magnifier.
>
>This application goes beyond merely magnifying text and objects. It
>takes advantage of the processing power of Android to apply filters
>which make the objects and text being viewed much easier to see. For
>example, users can use a black and white mode to eliminate distracting
>colors. Users can invert colors for high contrast viewing of white on
>black images and text. Tinting can be applied. For dim light conditions,
>the user has the option of turning on the phone's flash LED as a light
>source. All magnification and filtering happen in real time. This makes
>the video image smooth. There is no time lag. If what is being viewed
>appears blurry, all the user needs to do is tap the screen and it will
>automatically refocus.
>
>This application has been open-sourced in support of the Raising the
>Floor Initiative. http://raisingthefloor.net/
>
>IDEAL Magnify uses advanced features which were only introduced in
>Froyo, the most recent release of Android. Froyo provides developers
>much more control over the Android camera. As a result, your Android
>device must be running Froyo in order to use this application!
>
>The source code may be found and downloaded from the following page:
>http://apps4android.org/ideal-magnifier.htm

> [...]

Once you choose hope, anything's possible.  Christopher Reeve

Norman Coombs [log in to unmask]
CEO EASI Equal Access to Software and Information
phone (949) 855-4852 (NOTE pacific time zone)
****READ ABOUT THE DICK BANKS MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP:
http://easi.cc/scholarship.htm