EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Nissen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 28 Apr 2002 21:04:34 GMT
Hello Peter,

You say people ask why magnification and reading software is so expensive.
And you say it is a long time since you could welcome a new company in this
market.  Well, perhaps you forgot WordAloud.  WordAloud has magnification
and speech at the same time, so it is suitable for users who need large
text and those who need speech.  And it is priced only $44.95
(29.95 pounds + VAT in the UK), with magnification and speech in the
one product.   Moreover WordAloud is exceptionally simple to operate
from the keyboard, or equally from the mouse (or other pointing device)
if you prefer.  So it is suitable for young and elderly alike, and for
people with any kind of difficulty reading off the printed page,
including dyslexia.

However WordAloud is not a screen magnifier as such.  It displays
the text of a document a word at a time on the screen.  You can step
through the words using a key, or you can let WordAloud play through
the text at up to 1000 words per minute.  Some people can read as
fast as that.  It is more natural than reading off the printed page,
as you don't have to scan along the lines.  This is why you may find
you can read three times faster.

If you use WordAloud in speech mode, it reads through the text
of a document at up to 300 words per minute.  But it is reading text
directly from the document file or web page.   So WordAloud is not
a screen reader as such - it is not interpreting what is on the
screen.  You don't have to understand how to operate Windows.
You can control your reading of a document by using just the four cursor
keys, or by clicking on the corresponding four buttons on the screen.
WordAloud can be used by somebody with no computer experience.

BTW, WordAloud will run on your old Windows95 machine, as well as
W98, ME, NT, W2000 or the latest XP.

You can download a free evaluation version from www.wordaloud.co.uk.

Cheers,

John
--

--
John Nissen, Cloudworld Ltd., Chiswick, London
Tel:   +44 (0) 845 458 3944 (local rate in the UK)