EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Pavla Francova <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 6 Mar 2001 13:17:57 -0500
Dear Easi Group,

I'd like to ask you for assistance on the following issue:

There is no state-defined personal assistance for the blind in my
country (the Czech Republic) in terms as it is the case, for
instance, with people using wheelchairs.

I'd like to know if there is some in the U.S. and how it works, how
it is defined.

In this country, there seems to be much confusion even among blind
people themselves what everything the personal assistance should
involve and how to actually justify the need for one in the first
place.
I'd be very interested in the U.S. situation and your personal
experience and comments.

Thank you very much.
Regards,

    Pavla Francova
    Prague

P.S.: I apologize if you find my question a bit out of the theme of
this list. I just didn't know where else to ask :-)
this list. I just didn't know where else to ask :-)