EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
David Poehlman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Jan 2004 17:24:26 -0500
turn off indexing too.

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Muhia Kangu." <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, January 06, 2004 5:03 PM
Subject: Re: XP Slow Down

Hei Jim.

This is a very common problem with XP and you made it worse with
fiddling with the page file. One thing you should do is check whether
your machine is infested with a virus. Second and only solution Back up
your files and format the hard drive (disk) and For Heavens sake do not
Back up before you check your machine for virus e.g. worms and install
XP again. And make sure you disable automatic updates from Microsoft.
:-) this should solve your problems.

Good luck,

John.