EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 3 Feb 2002 13:59:19 -0500
John,

Sorry if I wasn't clear and hopefully now that I have had a
break from it, I can be more descriptive.   Here are my
problems:

When I was working on designing forms in Access, the Zoom
function, which is so helpful to me in Excel and Word, seems
to be disabled and I couldn't find a way to reverse that.
As a result, it is hard for me to see where everything is
located so I can determine if the spacing of the fields are
acceptable or if they need to be changed.

I appreciate your suggestion of Word-a-loud but that's not
going to solve my problem because I still need to be able to
see accurately how everything is spaced.  At one point, I
thought I had solved the problem as I eliminated the grid
lines in design view but when I went back to regular view,
my whole screen was blank.  Of course, that could have been
something else but I just wanted to give examples of what I
have tried to do so you have a clearer idea as to where I am
coming form.

It sounds like magnification software might help.  The only
problem is in the past when I have tried it, I have found it
to very visually overwhelming and distorting.  That's why I
like the Zoom function as it enlarges everything without
doing that.
So my question probably is how do I enable the Zoom function
if that's possible and can anyone suggest software
magnification that be similar to what the Zoom Function
does?

Regarding dragging the mouse, that is a fine motor control
issue.  My hand literally gets weak if I have to do much
dropping and dragging which seems to be more of a
requirement in access.  By the way, I was doing that to move
items which meant alot of cutting and pasting.

In Word and Excel, there are alternate ways to cut and paste
if you don't want to use a mouse.  But I didn't see anything
possibilities in Access which of course, I could be missing.

If I am correct, then it seems like I either need software
or a hardware function that will do the dropping and
dragging for me.  I did find some information that looked
promising under the Mobility Section on this website:

http://www.abilityhub.com/estore/atestore/

In summary, can I enable the Zoom Function in Access while
creating forms in design view and if so, how?  If I can't,
can anyone recommend good magnification software that
wouldn't be too visually overwhelming, in other words, it
would pretty much do what the Zoom Function does in
Microsoft Word and Excel?

Also, like in Microsoft Word and Excel, is there an
alternate way of cutting and pasting to using the mouse
while in Design View in creating Access forms and if not,
what would be some good software programs and hardware
products to consider that would perform that particular
mouse function?

John, I hope this does a better job of explaining my
situation and again, I apologize for not being clear
yesterday.  Thank you for responding.

Vivian