EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ross Eadie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Oct 2002 14:27:55 -0500
Flash accessible?  I hardly think so.  While it is true Flash allows
marking text labels and such things, the constant updating of even text
displays is enough to send you over the bend.  I currently found a web site
that says hello in several languages, one at a time.  Every time it changes
its display, it reloads my voice output software.  The newer voice output
software has a switch to turn off the Flash in these cases, but if you are
not rich, again, you are out of luck.  Flash should build in its own switch
to turn it off when someone who uses a screen reader wants or needs to use
the web page.
---
Ross Eadie
Voice:  (204) 339-5287