EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"MACMAHON, Tom" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Oct 2002 08:45:58 +1000
Hi John, Alan and others,

I don't use Excel a great deal, but find that learning some of the JAWS
commands have made things considerably easier. E.G. you can have JAWS
announce row or column titles:
Say the row title  Alt+Shift+R
Say the column title  Alt+Shift+C;
You can gather all the data in a row or column and simply arrow through it:
List cells with data in the current row  Control+Shift+R
List cells with data in the current column  Control+Shift+C
and there are hotkeys for reading certain cells
Say the contents of the first 4 cells in the column  alt key with 1 through
4 on the number row,
Say the contents of the first 4 cells in the row  alt+control key with 1
through 4 on the number row

I wish I could purchase a Tiger embosser, though!

Cheers,
Tom.