CLOAKS-AND-DAGGERS Archives

March 2003

CLOAKS-AND-DAGGERS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jeremy Compton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cloaks-and-Daggers Open Discussion of Intelligence (Academic)
Date:
Wed, 5 Mar 2003 13:06:33 +1300
Also do people know about AFIO's  Academic Exchange (Association of Former
Intelligence Officers) Very good list

AFIO Academic Exchange
http://www.afio.org/sections/academic/index.html
Also Massey University in Palmerston North, New Zealand is offering the first
paper, that l know of in Intelligence in New Zealand

http://defence.massey.ac.nz/pages/149350.htm
149.350 Introduction to the History of Military Intelligence

This course examines the history of intelligence, its role in advice to
government, with a particular focus on the development of intelligence
communities up to the mid-twentieth century. Topics include intelligence
terminology, the intelligence cycle, agent and technical intelligence, security
intelligence and New Zealand intelligence until 1949.

Course Co-ordinator: Dr John Tonkin-Covell

Programmes in Defence and Strategic Studies
http://defence.massey.ac.nz/pages/program.htm

http://defence.massey.ac.nz
Centre for Defence and Strategic Studies

This is very interesting course so far

The center is run by

General Reid is one of New Zealand's leading military analysts. He served over
35 years in the New Zealand Army, including several years on operations. He
retired from the Army as its Chief with the rank of Major General. He was
subsequently the Director of the Military Studies Institute before being
appointed to Massey University as the Director of the Centre for Defence
Studies.

General Reid holds a CBE, a Doctorate of Literature from Massey University and
is a graduate of Australian and American staff colleges as well as the Royal
College of Defence Studies, London. His wide-ranging interests include the
American Civil War and contemporary warfighting doctrines.
http://defence.massey.ac.nz/pages/staff.htm

Quoting Ransom Clark <[log in to unmask]>:

> At 10:13 AM 3/3/03 -0500, you wrote:
> >... Does anyone know of such a comprehensive resource?
>
> The last published listing that I know of is now over 10 years old:
> Fontaine, Judith M. Teaching Intelligence in the Mid-1990s: A Survey
> of
> College and University Courses on the Subject of Intelligence.
> Washington,
> DC: National Intelligence Study Center, 1992.  This book lists college
> and
> university courses taught in the United States (by state) and Canada,
> which
> specifically mention intelligence and have a substantial
> intelligence-related context. Eight selected syllabi are also
> presented,
> together with their required texts and additional reading lists.
>
> For other intelligence and related materials on teaching, see:
>
> http://intellit.org/refmats_folder/refmatsteaching.html
>

> J. Ransom Clark
> Vice President for Administration
> Muskingum College