CLOAKS-AND-DAGGERS Archives

March 2003

CLOAKS-AND-DAGGERS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Loring Wirbel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cloaks-and-Daggers Open Discussion of Intelligence (Academic)
Date:
Wed, 19 Mar 2003 18:55:34 EST
In a message dated 03/19/2003 3:44:48 PM Mountain Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> Stratfor reliable?  You've got to be kidding.  They're terrible.
> Unreliable,
> given to speculative leaps masquerading as analysis, wild swings in
> quality,
> and frequently their stuff is written up by people with little or no
> empirical experience of the regions or issues they're covering.

That was based on three analyses they did on space-based warfare, space
intel, etc. which were pretty good.  But I'd like to hear about
counter-examples.

Loring