CLOAKS-AND-DAGGERS Archives

March 2003

CLOAKS-AND-DAGGERS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Bartosz Weglarczyk <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cloaks-and-Daggers Open Discussion of Intelligence (Academic)
Date:
Mon, 3 Mar 2003 15:57:52 -0500

Hi,

was AN really killed by Iraqis?

Bartosz Weglarczyk

Vince Cannistraro <[log in to unmask]>@MAELSTROM.STJOHNS.EDU> on

03/03/2003 03:54:20 PM

Please respond to "Cloaks-and-Daggers   Open Discussion of Intelligence

      (Academic)"              <[log in to unmask]>

Sent by:  "Cloaks-and-Daggers   Open Discussion of Intelligence (Academic)"

To:   [log in to unmask]

cc:

bcc:

Subject:  Re: CLOAKS-AND-DAGGERS Digest - 28 Feb 2003 to 1 Mar 2003

      (#2003-35)

Actually, until the Libyans pushed him out, Abu Nidal was funded and

sponsored by Qadhafi.  When Abu Nidal originally broke with the P.L.O =

and

set up his rejectionist group in Baghdad, Sadam kicked him out after =

U.S.

diplomatic pressure (it was the early 80's when we were making nice with =

the

dictator).  Nidal went on to Syria and was similarly booted out.  He =

landed

in Tripoli where he became an adjunct of Libyan intelligence.  When =

Qadhafi

finally decided he was a liability, Abu Nidal was sent to Cairo and the

Egyptians moved him on to Baghdad.  Sadam had Abu Nidal killed last =

year,

probably because he suspected the old terrorist was trying to do a job =

for

the Kuwaitis.

=A0Vince Cannistraro