CLOAKS-AND-DAGGERS Archives

March 2003

CLOAKS-AND-DAGGERS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Loring Wirbel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cloaks-and-Daggers Open Discussion of Intelligence (Academic)
Date:
Tue, 4 Mar 2003 00:52:32 EST
In a message dated 3/3/2003 6:29:12 AM Mountain Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> I would like to point out that--whether this contains any degree of
> truth or not--our discussion of it becomes part of the information war
> that is in progress. This is a time to temper our remarks with reason
> and objectivity. We are, after all, an "open discussion" forum with
> publicly accessible archives.

And your point?  That apparent abuses by NSA, NRO, DIA should not be talked
about, or handled gingerly, during times of war?  To that I would
strenuously, adamantly disagree.

Loring Wirbel
CPIS/PPJPC