CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Harry Veeder <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Discussions on the writings and lectures of Noam Chomsky <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Apr 1997 11:28:49 -0400
On Wed, 30 Apr 1997, Howard Olson wrote:

>         It is exciting to me that Self-Deception is being analyzed in
> terms of the psychopathy or sociopathy of politicians. I guess that is an
> important application of the concept. If this could be more broadly
> exposed to the public it might have a liberating effect on humanity.

Newt:"You're a sociopath!"

Bill:"Sticks and stones may break bones, but names will never hurt me!"

It is an interesting idea, but the danger is the terms might become
political weapons.

Harry Veeder