CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Frank Scott <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Discussions on the writings and lectures of Noam Chomsky <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 May 1997 22:33:20 -0700
Horowitz is the worst form of true believer. he was once a leftist who
uncritically accepted much of what he now trashes. The true believer usually
operates on blind faith, also tending toward deaf and dumb. While much of
what he says about the left may be true, he was part of the worst aspects of
that left. Now he has become a raving rightist, but he could go back the
other way if he encounters another traumatic experience that pushes him in a
different direction.

He was editor of an influential publication of the sixties, Ramparts, which
was the first slick, glossy magazine I ever read that was written from a
left political perspective. It was valuable in its time. he was not. I think
his parents were communists, or at least left wingers. I don't know what
that says, if anything, about the sins of the parents being visited upon the
children.

fs