CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sueko Sakai <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Nov 1997 14:21:58 -1000
        According to a book review abstract, title: The standard colonial
pattern: an interview with Noam Chomsky....

The Israeli-Palestinian Declaration of Principles represents a total
defeat for the PLO in the face of rejectionist policies pursued by the US
and Israel, according to radical academic Noam Chomsky, a leading analyst
of US foreign policy.  It is likely that an entity called a Palestinian
state will be established eventually, but it may never be truly viable.
This is partly because of continuing US ambitions in the Middle East.

Race and Class, Oct-Dec 1995 v37 n2 p93(5).
        Of course the "continuing US ambitions in the Middle East" is the
consequence of the gutting of presidential leadership such as Pres.
Nixon's and the inability of such leadership from Pres. Clinton.  In
other words, if we were politically literate during those Watergate days,
we would have known that the real reason why Nixon had to go, not because
he wanted to become King Nixon * as we were told * but rather because he
was about to take back the powers of the presidency by extending his China
diplomacy to So. America, Africa, the Middle East and welfare reform here
at home for us.  In short, as a world leader he was politicing for world
peace.  Getting back to Clinton, it is no secret that Chomsky is not
supportive of Pres. Clinton's presidential leadership because of his
powers that be actions which--according to Chomsky--Clinton's one world
order words and actions agree.  Or it is not reflective of Pres. Nixon's
leadership.  Are you getting it?
        From another one of those things, Title: Keeping the Rabble in
Line, with respects to our political illiteracy, consider ** Chomsky's
criticism exposes democracies as business-run societies that render the
general population isolated from politics, persuasively suggesting that we
are on the verge of a social breakdown.  I say we are on the verge of
being swallowed up by the Old World's power structure.  I think it has a
lot to do with King James, I shall force them to conform * of just the
other day.

love the language of virtue
the language of the political
Sakai