CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Martin W. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Mar 2002 14:28:56 +0100
Carrol Cox wrote:

> alister air wrote:
> >
> > At 12:48 PM 28/02/2002, D. Simmons wrote:
> >
> > >Systemic 'analysis'? Closely followed by what,  "root cause" 'analysis'?:-))
> > >And what is that in Chomsky World? Oh yes! Begin with the claim that the
> > >United States is at fault, then construct an 'analysis' that indicates you
> > >are right, pat each other on the back, and go home.:-))
> >
> > You're a troll (http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/jargon/html/entry/troll.html -
> > definition 2 [see below]).  This adds nothing to the list.
> >

> So why are people even reading him? Don't you have filter powers in your
> e-mail system? Send his posts direct to trash and save bandwidth.
> Nothing is gained by replying to trolls.

Well, I don't agree that he is a troll.  It is useful to argue about
these issues.  Arguing about them allows me to clarify my own beliefs,
and to change them.  It is better to have Simmons around than to not
have him around.  But he certainly seems to be stridently wrong *all*
the time.

martin

--
Martin Smith               email: [log in to unmask]
Vollsveien 9               tel. : +47 6783 1188