CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Keith-Allen Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Sep 1997 13:10:53 -0400
        I think this is an important issue for the list to consider, as
communication from unofficial (read oterh than government) channels
regarding important issues is *ahem* covered up.  I dont know if many of
you are aware of the power of communication graffitti can attain, however
this should be enlightening, and perhaps i could gain som e insight from
others comments on this.  What would Noam Chomsky have to say.. in
general about the official recation to this freedom of speech, while
allowing major corporate entities put official billboards up.

as an aside, i find it odd how some some corporations are letting ad
agencies run ads for them that contain symbolic or blatant representation
of actrions that break laws.  for example.. how many advertisements do
you see with skaters, skate-boarders, rollerbladers? a few i'm sure..
though here in our major cities in Canada.. such is against bi-laws.. i
was subject to a $120 fine for skating.. peacefully i might add, and was
subject to police aggression.  then i see ads that basically tell me its
a convention to skate.  makes me wonder whos in power, and how the
governemnt and these corporate ad agencies work in tandem?  what kind of
results are gained from such communication?  anyhow the article i
forwarded is from an anonymous graff listserv.  read and enjoy.