CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dan Koenig <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Sep 1999 14:00:20 -0700
I am a pacifist and I particularly deplore killing innocent non-combatants either
directly or indirectly ANYWHERE.  So why not an outcry about Russia's bombing?

One word, Martin, hypocrisy.

Russia is under the influence of blatantly corrupt and self serving thugs who make
no pretence about doing anything other than acting in their own egoistic self
interest (not even national self interest).  The U.S., on the other hand, holds
itself out to be noble, altruistic, very caring about the sanctity of life and
innocent civilians, government by the people, non aggressive, and so much more
bullfeathers under the leadership of the self proclaimed enlightened and
sanctimonious Clinton with his bible under his arm as he heads to church every
Sunday.  That is why people are so outraged by the American atrocities and war
crimes (and throw in lapdog Tony Flair with him).  NATO notwithstanding, this was
clearly an American campaign, as Iraq was/is an Anglo-American campaign.

Some of us expect more of people who tell us they share our values than we do of
people whom we know care nothing more than about their self interest.