CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Siviour Craig <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Feb 2000 17:08:31 +1100
Hi People,

        I am looking for exact primary sources for the following quotes from
the ZNET User Quotes Page. Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Craig

"We have 50 per cent of the world's wealth, but only
6.3 per cent of its population. In this situation,
our real job in the coming period is to devise a
pattern of relationships which permit us to maintain
this position of disparity. To do so,
we have to dispense with alll sentimentality
. . . we should cease thinking about human
rights, the raising of living
standards and democratisation."

- George Kennan, US Cold War Planner, 1948

"We stand for the maintenance of private property...We shall protect
free enterprise as the most expedient, or rather the sole possible
economic order. - Adolf Hitler