CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sueko Sakai <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Oct 2000 14:11:32 -1000
i've come to the conclusion that what chomsky is about is nothing more
then the importance of the individual.  but when i sequence him before
carl schmitt, a gut-feeling informed me that something was missing.  but
what?

what in fact was missing was the selfless moral being.  and i'm not
talking about amorality.  in other words, you're either doing it or not
doing it, or you don't lie, cheat, steal, gossip, be jealous, kill/hate,
you never do these things, the things of racism, elitism, and religious
persecution for example.

but of course i'm on a tangent.

my point is with respects to kumu pua kanahele (kumu, a hawaiian culture
scholar), namely, she is saying hawaiian warriors can't be measured until
they've recovered their hawaiian morals and values.  what in fact i'm
seeing is what jesus is asking us to do--take up your cross.

since i'm still a bit fuzzy on this consider the factors that i'm looking
at:

1.  to recover one's morals and values is to bring an end to the facist
practices of racism, elitism, and religious persecution.
2.  it also means one has found the language and goals for what schmitt
calls the absolute state.  this language, in part, can be found in
president cleveland's address to the congress regarding the matter of the
hawaiian issue.
3.  if i'm not mistaken, it's about schmitt's political theology.

is any of this making sense to anyone out there?

saka'i