CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Tony Abdo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Oct 2000 14:10:12 -0500
Jonathan, I am sorry that we are down to a flame war level of dialog.
I don't know if our exchange will be published on list, or not.    When
things get this hot, moderators often just decide to use the delete
button.

Personally, I am not offended by the name calling, because I understand
that you have gotten angry.     But you are angry at what?

I don't defend Milosevic at all.      He is a thug.    Gorbachov, and
those before him in the Soviet Union were thugs, too.

But I am not going to go whole hog and scream.... *a plague on both your
houses!.   Nor can I believe that Kostunica is a better alternative,
just because the US government might lighten up its sanctions.
He is no more an improvement over Milosevic, than Yeltsin was over
'Gorby'.

Yugoslavia (or Serbia, if that's the way you want it?) did want to get
rid of Milosevic.     Did they decide that on their own?     You act as
if you think they did.

To tell me that you refuse to choose between criminals, is to tell me
that you refuse to accept that there is a difference in levels of
criminality, between Milosevic, and The NATO countries' leaders.

Arafat is a thug, too.   But I'm not going to go and shout..... 'a
plague on both your houses'.     I know the difference between
US/Israeli criminality and that of the 'Palestinian Authority'.

Best wishes to you.     Please calm down and realize that we just have a
difference in opinion.

Tony Abdo