CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Matthew Levy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Discussions on the writings and lectures of Noam Chomsky <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 May 1997 10:30:27 -0700
On Tue, 29 Apr 1997, DDeBar wrote:

> >      A "terrorist" -- the Nazi's term for WW II resistance
> > fighters --
>

> SAY THIS AGAIN...WHO USED THIS TERM FOR WHAT???
>
> Thank you. Most people have, apparently, lost the use of their own language
> and given it up to jingoistic morons.
>
> I appreciate the historical perspective you offer.

Huh?  Sorry, but I found the original posting a lot clearer than your
response ... the intent of the original comment was to make an analogy
between the Nazi propaganda which called the resistance fighters
terrorists and the American media which calls the Tupac Amaru terrorists.
This is a clear analogy, and arguably a quite justifiable analogy.  What
does this have to do with jingoistic morons?  The substance of your
objection is simply unclear, though it seems you feel it ought to be.

peace,
m@2