CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Harry Veeder <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Discussions on the writings and lectures of Noam Chomsky <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 May 1997 15:26:44 -0400
On Thu, 1 May 1997, Jim Silver wrote:

> > You are taking the term "sociopath" as though it were an
> > insult, It is definitively NOT an insult, but a PSYCHOPATHOLOGICAL
> > CONDITION, like phobia, hysteria, paranoid schizophrenia or Korsakoff
> > Syndrome.  JC Garelli >>
>
> ABSOLUTELY!!!

Chill out dudes. ;)

I don't personally see the term as an insult. My trite example was a
(poor?) attempt to show that legitimate reasons for criticizing of
authority, can twisted and exploited by those seeking power.

What isn't clear to me is how attachment theory (if it is true) would be
applied.

Harry