CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dave Hartley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Nov 1997 14:10:17 -0000
In reference to David Hutt's correspondence appended......

Anyone see any of the stuff on the toob lately about the phone soliciting "boiler rooms" where young people are being trained to defraud people of money via credit card charged "investments" and donations? They are especially targeting elderly, and using the ruse of befriending lonely people to divest them of whatever sums they have available. Hustling youngsters making good money at an "honest" job...? ... trained to follow scripts written by their employers... paid a commission on the take.....

MLM is right next door. Quick buck. No vote of confidence for anything related to quick bucks unless they can be made within the context of justice and sustainability.

The problems David is talking about here are problems on dozens of levels.

The whole society is pretty sick.

Gang stuff is based in many factors, including faux culture.... in North East L.A. where I grew up .... "the Avenues" (los Avenidas) there were gangs in the mid 50's .... gang members had brothers, even fathers who had been involved in the gangs .... it was (and still is) endemic to the local culture.

If you look long enough and hard enough there is eventually a dawning of the light that our society has been molded and stratified by and in accordance with the demands of an autocratic capital wealth collective "entity" ...  whether you believe this is by accident or by design will depend upon continuing to look long and hard.....

All of the things that make no sense fall into perfect clarity if you can {understand, intuit, postulate, study} your way into a vision of the entity commonly known as
"the Beast."  <g>  <:-(     (grin,  sad)
I've seen it, and it's not a pretty sight. I almost wish I could put the chicken (vision) back into the egg (innocent blissful ignorance).

Anyone who hasn't gotten the big picture on this will find local manifestations of it to work on curing in various manners which may do some good locally in the short term.

Anyone who HAS "gotten it" can see how wars, drugs, gangs, institutionalized/enculturated poverty, law'n'orderism, consumerism, the media,
petrochemicals, "modern medicine",  .....   well, you already KNOW !    it's all one piece.

There is a "scientific" maxim known as Occam's razor. It states (roughly) that the simplest answer (which is fully fuctional) to a (perhaps complex) theoretical question is most likely the correct one.

What is the simplest answer to the question of how this beautiful and in many ways perfectly divine creation of a world we inhabit has come to be so despoiled, and our interrelations as spiritual beings having a human experience subject to such onslaughts?

A whole systems visioning of the world as it is yields the gestalt of the "beast".
Discovering the corporeal components of the beast is not extremely difficult.
Follow the M-O-N-E-Y .......

There is a little joke the beast has perpetrated that has placed into popular consciousness the notion that there is a truism/quote which states: "money is the root of all evil" ... the actual truth and quote is "the LOVE of money is the root of all evil"
If you have eyes to see and ears to hear you will have noticed many little twists of truth and of true human needs, functions, and feelings that assiduously serve the gestalt I name the "beast."  If you would like to sharpen your abilities to see beneath the illusion that the world is as it is due to the little mishaps that occur to well-meaning people and institutions, I would suggest the following as an excellent source:
 http://www.trufax.org

Our whole systems visioning of a New Civilization must take into account this aspect of old civiliaztion.

I heard a powerful and moving modern rock tune a while back....  deeply painful artistic sharing of one man's vision of "the beast".......
it was entitled (a little toungue in cheek ala postal worker syndrome)
"If I had a Rocket Launcher"
well, we won't be buying into any arms race, but I like to think of NCF's potential large scale funding of as a sort of rocket launcher aimed at the heart of the beast.

Your job, should you decide to accept it, is to vision and build a NewCiv whose whole systems are powerfully supportive of the truth without the little twists, and inhospitable to the methods and nature of the beast, which may find it's final rest in the early history of the new millenium.....

http://www.newciv.org

Dave.           ~       Think for Yourself.             Question Authority
~               Globalize Consciousness         Localize Economies
Dave Hartley   (808) 879-7997  http://www.maui.net/~compudav
Interests: Computer sales/service, Windows NT, Web Publishing,
Homeopathy ~ Cranial/Sacral therapy ~ www.Eckankar.org ~ www.healing-tao.com