CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
alister air <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Sep 1999 17:22:44 +1000
At 08:54 30/09/99 +0200, Martin William Smith wrote:

>I've tried to explain in previous thread, and again in this one.  (a)
>I think most activists protest dishonestly;

Which is a cop-out.

>(b) I think such protests validate the system that generates bombing
>situations,

How?

>(c) I think I should spend my time trying to change the fundamental rules.

By doing what exactly?  By not protesting, presumably.

>Redesigning the UN for a start.  Remove the veto power for one thing.

And how exactly do you seriously expect to accomplish this?

>I'm not hiding them.  I've been very blunt.

No, you're still hiding them.  You claim "most" protesters are dishonest,
yet you refuse to say which ones.  You say that protesting is a waste of
time, yet you do not say how you would accomplish your goals.  You're not
going to redesign the UN by asking nicely.

Alister